Friday 24 July 2020

Matariki☆

Matariki!
Kia ora fishies🐟
Today I'm going to talk about the Matariki activities I did. Matariki is the Māori new year, where they harvest crops, fly kites and share food with each other. The syndicate did 3 rotations first was making fried bread with Mrs Jones only using self raising flour and water! 

We also did stop motion with Miss Daly, we had to create a scene or a Māori legend using play dough and colored paper then we filmed it. The last activity was making kites with Miss Law, we had to get stripes of white, black and red to draw Māori patterns using crayons or pastels. There were also helpers who made small kites to hand around the rooms. I loved celebrating Matariki it was really fun!




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am Joshua from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your pictures.
    Maybe you could say what you learnt.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Lava Nora
    I really like your matariki activities
    I also love eating fry bread its so delicious and yum to eat
    maybe you could explain what you learnt
    have an amazing day!
    From Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Eva, I'm glad you liked my post.
      I learnt that Matariki is a very special time and we should use that time to spend time with our families!
      Bye Eva!

      Delete
  3. Zao chen Nora. I am Leyla from St Mary’s School.
    I enjoyed reading about your Matariki day.
    I learnt that you can make dry bread with self raising flour and water.
    Maybe next time you could tell us more about it.

    Please visit my blog
    here Kia ora. I am Leyla from St Mary’s School.

    Mā te wā
    Leyla

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.