Friday 20 November 2020

Skateboarding!

 Skateboarding!

Guess what we skipped maths to do... SKATEBOARDING! We are having 2 sessions today. The 1st session  in the morning and the 2nd  in the afternoon. Aren't we lucky? Our 2 instructors Ben and Lawrence, taught us lots of different tricks. They taught us how to get on and ride on it then split us into different groups. My group was with Ben and we learned how to do lunges, crabwalk and lots of other tricks. Then he taught us how to turn on a skateboard. We did some balancing tricks and one of them was to touch the nose (front of board) with 1 hand, it was tricky but I got it. We also had freetime too, we skated around and used the ramps we had. 

When we came back we had a discussion about 3 different areas to do with skateboarding. The first one was: what was great about the lesson? What was challenging, next was: what have we learn't, and the last one was: what have we gained from learning to skateboard. We had different ideas for each section and we also had to learn about the growth and fixed mindset for skateboarding. The gorwth mindset is when you say something in your mind like you can do it, you will get this trick right, and something like that. The fixed mindset is when you  think bad stuff if your mind like ugh I can't do this, I will never get this right. Only a few people had a fixed mindset.

 I have my own skateboard at home but skateboarding is really fun and you should try it! I really enjoyed doing all the tricks but my favourite thing was learning how to turn! Bye bloggers and try skatebording!




3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nora, my name is Zara and I am a Year 4 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like how you gave skateboarding a go. It made me think about me giving a try of the skateboard. Have you thought about adding some more things you did? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://wpsteanaako.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, my name is Koleka and I am a Year 4 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like how you are learning new things about skateboard It made me think about buying a new skateboard and I just noticed I love skateboarding . Have you thought about learning how to do cool tricks now ? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://wpsteanaako.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.