Friday 8 November 2019

Cinquains

At the start of the week for writing we did poems called cinquains. Cinquain poems have some rules: the first line is only 1 word naming what you are writing about, the second line is only 2 words that describe what your writing about, the third line is 3 describing words what the actions of what your writing about, the fourth line is 4 words that could express a feeling about your writing and the last line is 1 word that could replace the name of what you are writing about. My favourite poem is the dragon poem.

6 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Mahdi and I am from Haumia too. I like your dragon post it made me think of my favourite cartoon when I was little - Dragon Kingdom. Maybe next time you could change the colour of the writing instead of black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Nora, my name is Nijel and i am in Haumia too. I like your Jaguars, Unicorns and Dragons poems. It makes me think that the huge Jaguars is going to eat me! Maybe you could make the background darker on the jaguar poem so I can see better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Noah and I am in Haumia too. I like how you have put interesting pictures with your cinquain poems. It made me think about my poem. Maybe next time you could change your font colour for the unicorn poem because it's a bit hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my name is Sual and I am in Haumia too. I like your jaguar poem. It makes me think that jaguars are fast. Maybe you can change the font to make it fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Maryam and I am going to go to my new school soon. I like that you told the rules about cinquains. It reminds me of when I did it in haumia in term 3. I will remember this comment for you BFF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora. I am Leyla from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked that you made multiple poems. Do you like Jaguars?
    I learnt that you like Dragons. I love Dragons too.
    It reminded me of my old friend who really loved those animals you placed on you post.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Leyla

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.