Thursday 14 November 2019

Pasifika Mamas

On the 13th of November our middle school went to the Corban Estate Art Centre to the Pasifika Mamas. Just like Maori culture the children had to take their shoes off but adults didn't need to. The first part of the the day was making leis out of fabric flowers, straws and strings. We copied a pattern the pattern was flower, straw, flower, straw to make our leis. The second part of the day was learning how to play the drums. We learned about 2 different types of drums called the skin drum and the log drums.  The last part of the day was learning how to dance, the boys and girls had different actions for the dance. We also had a boys vs girl clap the beat and who had the loudest clap challenge. And of course the boys won because there were more boys than girls.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Nora, my name is Reneem and I am from Haumia too! I like how you wrote lots of information about the leis. It made me think of when I went to the Corban Estate. Maybe next time you could say that you changed activities after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nora my name is Sarah I am from Haumaia too. I like how you did so much writing in your blog post. It reminds me of how we went to see the Pasifika Mamas. Maybe next time you could make the pictures bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora. I am Leyla from St Mary’s School.
    I enjoyed reading about how you learnt to play different types of drums. My older sister and I play the drums.
    I learnt the pattern to use when making leis.
    Maybe next time you could explain more about how to play the drums.
    Please visit my blog
    here Kia ora. I am Leyla from St Mary’s School.

    Mā te wā
    Leyla

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.